Amazon founder, Jeff Bezos (right) lost $6 billion in one day after his company’s share price fell 11 percent but surprisingly, he still has $49.2 billion even though he slipped one spot down on Forbes’s richest list.
According to Forbes, he was worth $49.8 billion at 5pm. In the space of 30 minutes he lost $800million and ended up falling behind Carlos Slim Helu of Mexico, who is now the fourth richest person in the world with a net worth of $49.6 billion.
However, Bezos prefers to look on the bright side of things, he said:
Twenty years ago, I was driving the packages to the post office myself and hoping we might one day afford a forklift. This year, we pass 100 billion dollars in annual sales and serve 300 million customers. And still, measured by the dynamism we see everywhere in the marketplace and by the ever-expanding opportunities we see to invent on behalf of customers, it feels every bit like day one.
According to Forbes, these are the top ten richest men:
Billionaire Net Worth(billions) Company/Source Country
1. Bill Gates $76.2 Microsoft United States
2. Amancio Ortega $68.4 Zara Spain
3. Warren Buffett $59.8 Berkshire Hathaway United States
4. Carlos Slim Helu $49.6 Telecoms Mexico
5. Jeff Bezos $49.2 Amazon.com United States
6. Mark Zuckerberg $47.9 Facebook United States
7. Larry Ellison $44.1 Oracle United States
8. Charles Koch $39.7 Diversified United States
9. David Koch $39.7 Diversified United States
10. Larry Page $37.5 Google United States