Recall that a tweet first caught Nigerians attention on Sunday 19th February 2017 which was about a certain pack of Imported Garri with the source given as India, which was found on the shelve of a Nigerian supermarket. Now, the tweet have reached the stables of Nigeria Health Minister, Prof. Isaac Adewole.
According to Prof. Isaac Adewole, NAFDAC have jumped into investigations and proper actions will be taken on this matter.
“We knew we had work to do, and Monday 20th we did. Our actions and findings are outlined below: (Updates via @NafdacNigeria)”
1. NAFDAC Officers visited the Supermarket in Ikoyi today
2. 26 packets of 500mg each of the products were seized for analysis
3. The product has no NAFDAC number
4. The product is said to be from Ghana but packaged in UK
5. The Management of the Supermarket have been invited for further discussion in our Lagos office