Gov. Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State talked about what he calls “Fayose’s predictions”.
According to him,
I predicted 20 things that will be experience this year 2016. Almost 90 per cent of what the Holy Spirit led me to predict came to pass. The Holy Spirt has once again led me to tell Nigerians what may happen in 2017. We therefore need prayer to avert further calamities in Nigeria.
Below are Fayose’s predictions:
1. 2017 will be a defining year for Nigerians as there will be major revolution and uprising against the Federal Government(FG) because of economic hardship.
2. More judges perceived not to be doing the bickling of the FG will be arrested and humiliated.
3. Efforts will be made to prevent Hon. Justice Walter Onnoghen from being made the substantive Chief Justice of Nigeria.
4. Dollar will go as high as N600 to $1.
5. APC-led FG will still not have solution to the economic problems of the country.
6. About 4 ministers will be removed.
7. There will be pressure on President Buhari to sack CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele.
8. Code of Conduct Tribunal will absolve Senator Bukola Saraki.
9. Crisis in the APC will deepen as Atiku Abubakar will officially show intention to leave and declare his intention to run for president in 2019.
10. A former Head of State/President may pass on.
11. A new major party that will wrestle power from the APC will emerge.
12. More Shi’ites Muslims will be killed and FG will not release IMN leader, Ibrahim El-Zakzaky
13. Disobedience to court order and abuse of human rights will continue.
14. Hardship will be more as poverty will continue to ravage the country.
15. The academic community will further lose confidence in the APC-led government.
16. Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano will be re-elected.
17. $29.9billion loan: FG will find it difficult to source the loan.
18. EFCC: Magu may face prosecution.
19. There will be boost in agriculture.
20. Halliburton gate may still be revisited.
21. There will be no solution to power problem as power generation will drop to all time low.
22. Performance of the FG 2017 budget will be the worst in the history of Nigeria.